Calypso blue and gold motifs





 Tweaked Designs has done it again with the special guess and now assistant Angie Fuentez (my daughter), so excited taking on this beautiful piece. I actually found this great table in a yard sale the person who sold me this piece had it in his family for a long time, he needed to make some room in his garage, 5 days later a showed him the piece finish, he could not believe it, he really like it. But, let me tell you what I did, First I when to my cave (that’s what I call my garage) and started brain storming in how to approach this project many ideas came to me, but was not comfortable with some of them, then Angie showed up from kindergarten and ask me if I needed help, to what I replay “of course” I knew she will set me free from my setback, she look and look at it and she finally said “blue daddy”, I had a Calypso Blue I been wanted to use. With sand paper in hand and the color selected I started working on it, first I hand sanded the piece,  after I finish with my sanding I prime the area to be treated with paint, I decided to crackle the table with and Ivory base and the Calypso Blue color on top. This table have very beautiful details on the long straight legs so after applying the ivory color we painted the de selected areas with a old gold color which will give it a touch of elegance after making sure the paint was dry we applied our crackle solution and finally painted the piece Calypso Blue. Once we finish I notice that the table will allow us to finish it with a hand painted motif of plum blossom branch. I am very proud of this side table I know someone will be able to appreciate this work. I have recently become part of a great organization that helps people in need, a percentage of the profit on this table will be donated to “Believe”, Thank you for checking us out.






 (“Special thanks to my beautiful princess Angie, thank you for your inspiration and your creativity”)















0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blogger news